Sunday, November 19, 2006

Saturday Night in Tinseltown

Greetings from Zombieland! Your battered and beaten host is struggling to make this post here at 4:12am. It's been a long night full of good movies, bad movies, nice people, expensive drinks, cheap breakfasts, and a failed quest to bring you, our loyal Dudes of Horror blog reader, something that the films "Penny Dreadful" and "Gravedancers" didn't deliver: boobs.

Oh, sure. One quick flash in "Penny Dreadful"... but c'mon. That really didn't count. And NOTHING in "Gravedancers" which is simply inexcusable seeing that one of the main baddies liked to kidnap and torture women as a hobby.



WTF? Aren't these films hyped as too "blah blah blah" for general release? You could have shown "Gravedancers" virtually unedited on Nickelodeon.



As for "Penny Dreadful"... well, unless you count being mind-numbingly boring as controversial, it didn't contain the slightest amount of controversial material. I thought I was watching the Lifetime channel... and then I thought I was watching an hour of security camera footage of a girl locked in her car with a runny nose. Counting my nose hairs would have been far more entertaining (and horrifying.) Shame on you Mimi Rogers and Michael Berryman for thinking that a 10-page script would somehow spawn a feature length film worth watching, let alone worth paying to watch. It was a real stinker. But so was "Lost in Space", so shame on me I guess.



"The Abandoned" was very well done, however, and even if it didn't have some rather odd female nudity in it at the end I'd still give it a high rating.

No, seriously. I would. No, I really mean that. I do!

But the quest continues. We here at the Dudes of Horror will do our best to make up for the filmmaker's inadequecies whenever possible.

As mentioned, one of the things we were able to do was meet some great people. We'll keep taking photos of you as long as you let us! Stand up and be counted as the horror fan that you are! The Dudes of Horror salute you!

Here's everyone before the 8:00 showing of "Gravedancers":
From 8 Films to Di...


This is Lexi and Josh. Josh is doing some interesting stuff with his business... more on that later!
From 8 Films to Di...


And here's Courtney! She's been seeing many of the films this weekend and was happy to let us take this creepily lit photo of her in the theater:
From 8 Films to Di...


Time for me to pass out... but when I awake I'll be sure to spill the beans on the three movies screened today and post all of the bare breast photos that you lady fans out there have been flooding my inbox with.

-Jeff, Dude of Horror

1 comment:

Oh, that girl again... said...

I believe a visit to the Rodeo Hall of Fame would be an apt ending to the HoPoTo weekend. It's the one place I regret not going to in lovely C. Springs when we went to bury Karl's wife's aunt...