Tuesday, December 5, 2006

I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)



Well, apparently it wasn't learn to swim. Of course not. I mean, why ruin the grand climactic scene of your so-so slasher flick by having the heroine escape Ivar the fisherman by just, um, jumping off the boat and swimming for the dock, which was all of ten feet away? You're trying to tell me that they could hit this guy with their car and push him into the water and he survives, yet she can't leave the boat for fear of instant death or something?

Also, I read "I know What You Did Last Summer" by Lois Duncan when I was in grade school. I thought it was tres sinister, read a few other of her books as well - "Stranger With My Face" and "Summer of Fear" (Which I believe was turned into a made-for-TV movie with Linda Blair). The movie is a complete bastardization of the book, that is if the bastard in question was a Hollywood executive with a brother who writes shitty screen treatments.

I gotta keep handing it to my girlfriend Sarah, though. She's a great modern day Scream Queen. And so succulent in her little denim miniskirts. I specifically say "succulent" because hey, I forgot that she used to be heavier. Don't get me wrong, she was hot then and she's hot now. But before actresses seriously got into the Lollipop Look (big head, stick body), she was kind of....um...fleshy? It's a shame, because she had some great boobs, and she dieted them away.

Out of curiosity, I Amazoned the book (mainly to check the copyright, since grade school was soooooooo long ago) and now I have a question. Are teachers now assigning Amazon reviews for book report projects? Witness the following kids' reviews:

What I thought of iIknow what you did last summer is it totally rocked and it was the best book I have ever read! I totally recommend this book for you!!! This book made me want to read more! I wish I had time to read everyone of her books.If you ever get the chance to read or whatch the movie do so! It leaves you wanting to know whats up next there is never a dull moment in the book, she explains everything so wonderful!That was my review!

Well, alright then!!!!

julie got up wonmarring and it wasover the summer and she had 1 letter by her bowl on he tabe it was a small white letter and in dark black letters it said her name juile. she opened it up and on the endside in said I Now what You Did last summer.See the summer befour that her and 3 othe friend of hers had been driving home and it was dark they didnt see the man walking in the middle of the road and they hit hem. They didnt know what to do so they tried to cover it up and they all said that they wouldnt tel anyone ever no matter what. Well the secret was out some how because someone know and was wanting reving. They looked for clues and tried to come up with an idea on who could know. All they found was that it was getting wors and in the end the only ones left alive was Julie and Berry you will have to read the store and find out what happens next but it is a really good book and you should read it.

Man, that just hurts my head. What's worse it that this kid probably texted in the review on his/her Sidekick.

this was a very good book it tells about and groop of friends going for a ride after a forth of july party on there way back from the beach they hit some guy loaded him in trunk of the car brought him to the docks and rolled him in the water then they made a packed and swore not to tell anyone what happen a year later one of them got a message saying that i know what you did last summer i recommend this book to every one is a good book all a round

Okay, in the original story, the "groop" hits a ten year old boy on a bicycle. So, good try there, Cliff Notes Kid. Next time you try to cheap out on your homework by watching a movie, make a "packed" to find out if the story is the same.

The book is not very good because the book no have pictures and no have killing,the movie is very good because have a pictures and in the movie have more pictures.

OMG! I had no idea that President Bush wrote Amazon reviews!

1 comment:

Jimmator said...

i thote your reveew rocked and waz vrry funie becuase it waz pact wit kwotashuns & stuff. OMG! 3 cheers 4 U!!!