Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And then there's Maude



So, Ils what can one say about Them? One could say that it wasn't the best horror movie in recent memory. One could say that the protagonists deserved their grisly deaths for being monumentally stupid. Alternately one could say that Maude scaring the bejesus out of the Jesus was the best thing about it.

I will say that I envied the idiots their house, although I don't understand why any house would have a two-level attic - that's just weird.

I know this isn't much of a review, however, my compadres will redeem me (or vouchsafe me - whichever you prefer).

Final thoughts - at least I didn't have to watch Saw.

1 comment:

Jeff, Dude of Horror said...

Those lucky enough to miss this film should know that the antagonists were featured using a child's toy noisemaker during many scenes. The same type of toy happened to be in the house where we were viewing this, which Maude used (more effectively than Ils' filmakers) to scare some life into The Jesus' film experience. Definitely the best moment of watching this borefest.